Kick-Starting Healthy Habits
Healthy Eating: 10 Habits To Start Now
Eating healthily can often feel like a massive chore, particularly when you’re tired and stressed. But turn these 10 quick-fix tips into habits and you’ll soon being saying hello to a healthier you.
1. Replace red meat with oily fish twice a week to help lower your cholesterol levels and inject some much-needed omega-3 into your diet.
2. Always check the salt levels on food packaging. About three quarters of the salt we eat is already in the food we buy, and even healthy options like soup and cereal can contain high levels. You should be eating no more than 6g per day.
3. Drink water. You need around 1.2 litres a day to prevent dehydration, excluding the fluid you get from your food. People often confuse thirst with hunger, so next time you have a craving, drink a glass of water first to see if the feeling abates.
4. Avoid falling into eating ruts, where you’re always having the same meals. Your diet needs to be varied to guarantee that you’re getting all of the nutrients your body needs to function well.
5. Try to incorporate more fruit and vegetables into your diet by swapping your normal mid-afternoon snack for a handful of blueberries or some dried fruit. Or try adding a sliced banana to your morning cereal.
Blueberries are a great healthy snack option
6. Cut down on saturated fat. While we all need unsaturated fats, saturated ones can increase our cholesterol levels and lead to heart disease. Replace butter with vegetable oil when cooking, and remove visible fat from meat cuts whenever possible.
Video: Eat Healthy for Under
How to Check Zoning Laws
4 Body Parts Youre Forgetting In Your Anti-Aging Routine
30 Home Decor Rules That Were Made To BeBroken
How to Avoid Being Noticed in School
Tutti i concorrenti del Grande Fratello Vip
How to Start Your Freshman Year in High School Positively
12 Stupid Fashion Rules For Women Over 40 That You Should Gleefully Break
Sample Modified Colloquial Paragraph
How to Look Good Straight After a Major Workout
How to Play the Tin Whistle
7 Red Lipstick Makeup Looks for Every Day of The Week
Your Comprehensive Zodiac Guide to Plants andFlowers
10 Reasons Why New Year’s Resolutions Fail
9 Hostess Gifts That Can Be Enjoyed at theParty
Miley Cyrus Long Hairstyles