How to Heal Your Body & Balance Your Chakras With Crystals
How to Balance Your Chakras with Crystals
Your chakras are thought to be influenced by your thoughts, actions, and emotions. As you go through life, they may become unbalanced. There is a belief that crystals can be used to balance your chakras. You can place the crystals on your body, wear them, or carry them around. The frequency of balancing will depend on your needs. Pay attention to your symptoms to know when you need to balance. While many people have found these practices to be useful, it is important to note that these practices are not supported by any scientific research or evidence that they are effective in treating physical or psychological issues. If you are experiencing difficulties with either your physical or mental health, you should also speak with a physician and/or therapist to address these issues.
Choosing Your Crystals
Choose a crystal for your root chakra.It is located at the base of your spine and is your connection to earth, family, survival, health, and progression. If this chakra is out of balance you may experience a lack of confidence, loneliness, depression, anxiety, addiction, low-back pain, lower body pains and strains, constipation or diarrhea, and water retention.
- Red or black crystals such as garnet, ruby, and black tourmaline are best.
Pick a crystal for your sacral chakra.It is also located at the base of your spine and is your connection to other people, confidence, creativity, energy levels, and sexual health.If this chakra is out of balance you may experience eating disorders, low sex drive, sexual disorders, menstrual cycle problems, urinary tract infections, infertility, and problems with your intestines.
- Orange crystals such as carnelian, orange calcite, and orange garnet are good.
Find a crystal for your solar plexus.It is located at your diaphragm and is your connection to your emotions, desires, sense of self, and self-control. If this chakra is out of balance you may experience insomnia, trouble concentrating and remembering things, fear, sugar addiction, digestive problems, acne, eczema, diabetes, obesity, and metabolism issues.
- Use yellow crystals such as citrine, yellow jasper, and golden calcite to balance.
Select a crystal for your heart chakra.It is located in the same place as your physical heart and is the center of your being and all your other chakras. It is your connection to love, relationships, forgiveness, trust, and safety. If this chakra is out of balance you may experience feeling hopeless, feeling apathetic, unable to forgive, commitment issues, respiratory problems, shoulder pain, and upper-back pain.
- Green or pink crystals such as rose quartz, green fluorite, and rhodochrosite are best.
Pick a crystal for your throat chakra.It is located at the base of your throat and is your connection to your communication, freedom, and leadership. If this chakra is out of balance you may experience difficulty communicating, be nervous, trouble coping, sinus problems, jaw pain, thyroid problems, and throat and dental problems.
- A light blue crystal such as blue lace agate, turquoise, and blue kyanite will work.
Choose a crystal for your third eye/brow chakra.It is located just above your physical eyes and connects to your thoughts, mind, dreams, and psychic abilities. If this chakra is out of balance you may experience headaches, nightmares, difficulty learning, brain disorders, eye problems, ear problems, and scalp and hair issues.
- Try dark blue crystals such as blue tigers eye, lapis, and dumortierite for balancing.
Select a crystal for your crown chakra.It is located at the top of your head and connects to your spirituality, wisdom, enlightenment, and connection to the universe. If your crown chakra is out of balance, you may experience lack of faith, mental health problems, autoimmune disorders, mental health issues, and dementia.
- White or violet crystals such as clear quartz, amethyst, and clear topaz can be used for balancing.
Laying on Crystals
Rinse your crystals.Before you begin to balance, rinse your crystals under cold running water. This removes any contaminants. You can also take notes and write down how you are feeling prior to the balancing process.
- These crystals should only be used for balancing. It may help to just have a set of 7 crystals that you use to balance yourself.
Relax and prepare to balance your chakras.Go to a quiet place and lay on your back (or your stomach if applying crystals to your root chakra, as lying on your back can make this difficult and uncomfortable). Take a few deep breaths and exhale slowly to relax. You can also set the mood with anything else you find relaxing such as music, nature sounds, or the sound of running water.
- As you inhale, imagine that you are breathing in a healing white light. As you exhale, imagine that you are breathing out all of your stress and negative emotions.
- Your energy is connected to your thoughts. It is important that you have positive thoughts when you are trying to balance your chakras.
Place the crystal on your chakra.Take the crystal that corresponds to your chakra and place it on that chakra. The energy of the crystal will vibrate and restore balance. Imagine that the crystal is glowing and spreading throughout your chakra.
- Place quartz crystals around your colored crystal to intensify the effect. Quartz crystals activate the energy centers of your body and have the power to modify existing energy.
- Your symptoms may be worse after you place the crystals on your body. This is all the bad energy working its way out and is the beginning of your healing process.
- You can place the crystals directly on your skin or on top of your clothes.
- Start at the root and work your way up. Place the crown chakra crystal right above your head instead of directly on your head.
Allow the crystals to work.The crystals work on their own. You do not have to do anything extra. Leave them in place between five and 10 minutes, and then evaluate how you feel. Make mental or handwritten notes about your symptoms. If you feel more balanced, remove the crystals.If you do not feel better, leave the crystals on for another five to 10 minutes.
- If you have a long-term blockage (e.g. chronic pain or long-term depression), it may take more than one session to balance your chakra. Focus on making small improvements instead of achieving complete balance in one session.
Remove the crystals.Once you are finished with your session, remove each of the crystals. Start at the crown and work your way down. You do not have to deactivate your crystals.
- Drink a lot of water after your session to continue the balancing process.
Wearing and Carrying Your Crystals
Sleep with a chakra bag.Clean your crystals and place them in a small bag. This bag should only be used to hold your crystals. Place the bag under your pillow when you go to sleep at night.
- Before you go to sleep, ask the stones to balance you as you are sleeping.
Carry your crystals.You can carry your crystals with you as you go about your day. You can carry all seven of your crystals with you, or you can just carry a few that you would like to focus on. Place the crystals as close to your body as you can.
- For example, if you are having problems in a relationship, you may carry a rose quartz or green fluorite crystal around with you to balance your heart chakra.
- You can carry your crystals with you all day or for a specific situation. For example, if you are dealing with anxiety about a presentation you have to do, you may keep a garnet (root chakra) and turquoise (throat chakra) crystal in your pocket during your presentation. The garnet will help you with your confidence and the turquoise can help you with your communication.
Wear crystal jewelry.Purchase a necklace or bracelet made from crystals that you need for balance. As you wear the crystals, the crystals will transmit the energy that you need. Again, you can wear the jewelry all day or just for a specific amount of time.
- Before you wear your jewelry, place them on a bed of salt to remove any past contaminants.
- You should also program your jewelry before you wear it. Hold it in your hand and think of all the positive energy you would like the crystals to bring to your life.
QuestionWhere do people find the crystals?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere are shops for such things. Many times people order online, while others will hunt for their own near water, caves, and especially hot springs.Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I get them?LvantasselCommunity AnswerI've been buying crystals from Energy Muse (.com). The quality is good and the crystals are ethically sourced.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I buy crystal stones?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo onto eBay or try Amazon.Thanks!
QuestionCan the same crystals be used for a family member without washing?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it is all according to your heart. If you have an instinct that it is right, then do it. Never ignore your instincts.Thanks!
- Keeping crystals that correspond with each chakra in your pillowcase, under your pillow or under your mattress can help balance the chakras. You may experience more vivid or even lucid dreaming.
- It helps just to keep the crystal close to you when sleeping and awake.
- Reiki helps to balance chakras or energy work in general. If you have a pendulum, test each of your chakras by holding the pendulum a few inches in front of the chakras areas of your body. It should make circles going clockwise. If it doesn't move or only moves back and forth or counterclockwise, your chakra isn't open.
Video: Chakra Balancing with Crystals
Miranda Kerr and adorable baby Flynn touch down
5 Sensational Summer Party Themes
This Is the Easiest Way to Refesh Your Colour Without Going to the Salon
This Woman Ripped Off Her Cornea When She Took Out Her Contact Lenses
Beauty Buys: Moody Blues
Claire Danes signs to Gucci
Alison Sweeneys Life Is a Marathon
How Man Steps You Walk At
Maximize Your Lunchtime Walk
How to Conduct a Time and Motion Study
How to Find Out What You Want in a Relationship
How to Detect Arrogant People
Tom Ford And George Clooney Team Up For New Movie